Aging Specialist – Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time M-Th, between 20 – 37.5 hours per week, with benefits if full time
Location: Greater Capital Region (Albany, NY and surrounding areas)
Pay Range: $28-$34/hour, based on experience
Mode of Service Delivery: In-person services
JFS is seeking a NY Licensed Social Worker (LCSW, or LCSW-R) with experience providing outpatient mental health therapy to individuals, couples and families, with a focus on the aging population in Albany and the Greater Capital Region. The successful candidate will provide counseling sessions and related services primarily in-person at JFS locations and clients’ homes.
The responsibilities and duties include intakes, assessments, diagnosing, outpatient mental health counseling, facilitating support groups, creating treatment plans, internal and external referrals, and documentation using our electronic records system. Additional responsibilities include community workshop and related program development on appropriate topics. Candidate should be passionate about the wellness of older adults and understand, or endeavor to understand, aging-related challenges.
- NY State License: LCSW or LCSW-R (Required)
- NY State Driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation (Required)
- Experience providing psychotherapy for the aging population, 2 years (Preferred)
- Currently credentialed with Medicare and Medicaid (Preferred)
- At least three professional references
- Criminal background check clearance (Required, submitted through JFS)
- Experience working with older adults, and with a variety of mental health diagnoses and populations
- Experience with multiple therapy modalities and evidenced-based interventions
- Working knowledge of the DSM-5/ICD-10
- Have experience with mental status exams and diagnosis (required)
- Have the ability to respond to calls, texts, emails from clients within one business day
HOURS: Flexible; Part-time, to be determined with supervisor. Full-time – minimum of 37.5 hours a week; can include evenings and weekends.
How to apply:
- For consideration, please email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please send a cover letter, including areas of specialty, relevant trainings and/or education.
- Please include “Clinician Application” in the subject line.
Organization’s website: http://www.jfsneny.com
Jewish Family Services was founded in 1854 with a mission to enrich the lives of individuals, families and the community through compassionate, collaborative human services, guided by Jewish values.