How We Help and Who We Help
Jewish Family Services of Northeastern New York has been continuously providing a continuum of support, services and resources for individuals and families of all ages since 1854. JFS is proud to serve people of all backgrounds, while also having a unique ability and responsibility to meet the particular needs of the Jewish community.
Our programs and services range from counseling to guidance for those aging in place to assistance for those facing food or financial insecurity – and so much more. JFS’s expert staff is available virtually, by telephone and in person.
See a complete list of our services: JFS At-a-Glance.
To enrich the lives of individuals, families, and the community by providing compassionate, collaborative human services, guided by Jewish values.
A resilient community where everyone, at all stages of life, is supported and empowered to care for themselves and each other.
We use the Jewish values below to guide our approach and accomplish our mission:
- Kavod – Treating each individual with respect and dignity
- Gemilut Hasidim – Approaching all people with loving kindness
- Tikkun Olam – Helping to repair the world
- Rachmanut – Offering compassionate care for the vulnerable
- Nedivut– Committing to meaningful generosity of heart and hand
- Achrayut – Taking responsibility for the individual and the community
JFS has a rich history that began in 1854. Read about our history here.