Thank YOU for considering lending your heart and talents to JFS!
We are always looking to add to our corps of volunteers to help respond to the needs in our community.
Here are some of the ways we need your help:
- Delivering kosher meals to homebound seniors
- Shopping for groceries – shop at one of three Albany Price Chopper stores and deliver to those who are temporarily or permanently homebound
- Driving a Jewish Senior – take a senior to a medical appointment, bank, hair salon, etc.
- Serving meals to Jewish Seniors (no cooking needed here)
- Making friendly outreach calls and performing acts of kindness
- Working in our administrative office
We asked our volunteers, “What’s the best part about volunteering with JFS?” and here is what they said:
It's easy to join the JFS volunteer team!
The JFS Community Volunteer Coordinator collaborates with for JFS, Jewish Federation and the Albany and Schenectady JCCs to recruit volunteers for all organizations. We look forward to working with our volunteers to match them with the most fulfilling experience.
1. Please contact Rachel Gershon Rourke, JFS Community Volunteer Coordinator:
518-722-4980, Ext 1003 or email Rachel. OR
2. Complete this inquiry form. Completing the form does not obligate you to volunteer.
1. Prior to starting, all volunteers must complete our Volunteer Health Check-in Form.
2. You can also complete the form here as a pdf fill-in form and print it, or print it and write in your responses.
Please see our Confidentiality Statement.