The JFS Chaplaincy Program provides spiritual connection and support for Jewish residents in Capital Region long-term and elder care facilities. The breadth of services includes:
- Providing pastoral care and counseling for residents.
- Visits with individuals who are otherwise unaffiliated, isolated and disconnected from Jewish life.
- Providing programming on Jewish topics for residents.
- Consultation/education with facility staff on Jewish traditions, holiday preparations and food guidelines/restrictions to help them become more culturally sensitive to Jewish residents and their needs.
- Collaboration with Jewish and non-Jewish professionals in the community.
Watch a short video about the Chaplaincy Program.
Check out the JFS Jewish Journal
Dr. Rela Mintz Geffen Community Chaplaincy Fund
This newly created fund of JFS will ensure that funds are available for programs and supplies for the benefit of the Jewish aging community in the Capital District of NY. Read about the fund here.
If you know someone in need of spiritual care, please contact our Jewish Community Chaplain,
Rabbi Ami Monson at 518-516-1116 or email@example.com
This program is provided in partnership with:
- Daughters of Sarah Community for Seniors
- Temple Israel
- Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York
- B’nai B’rith Gideon Foundation
- Theodore Strauss Fund
- A restricted fund of the Jewish Community Endowment Fund of the Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York
Food photo created by azerbaijan_stockers – www.freepik.com
Text vector created by freepik – www.freepik.com