JFS Social Work Care Manager
Job Type: Full-time, 37.5 hours / week
Pay: $20.51-$22.56/hr, depending on experience, credentials: MSW or LMSW
Location: Greater Capital Region (Albany, NY and surrounding areas)
Mode of Service: In-person services
Jewish Family Services of Northeastern New York (JFS) is seeking a full-time Social Work Care Manager to work with JFS clients, 18+. Our ideal candidate will have experience working with individuals with varied needs, with particular expertise in the aging field. They will possess extensive knowledge of available supports, services and resources within the greater Capital Region.
- Administer all requests for JFS services, including food security, housing security, financial assistance, transportation, mental health, physical health, OT/PT, healthcare advocacy and support
- Responsible for intakes, agency assessments, consents, releases, internal referrals and documentation
- Complete and track all applications to outside agencies and programs and referrals
- Coordinate with team members; participate in Clinical Team Meetings and general staff meetings
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational and training opportunities, balancing work requirements with learning opportunities
- Collaborate with community partners; manage JFS UniteNY portal
- Improve treatment outcomes by evaluating and re-designing processes, implementing and revising policies and procedures
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing client outcome data and trends, compiling statistics for grants and program evaluations
- Perform other appropriate duties as requested by Chief Program Officer, Director of Neighborhood Naturally Occurring Retirement Community (NNORC) or CEO
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience; Master’s degree and active New York State License preferred: LMSW
- Experience working with older adults
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate well with team members, outside agencies and service providers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365
- Valid New York State driver’s license with reliable, personal transportation
- Ability to travel throughout the greater Capital Region, as needed.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Jewish Family Services, Attn: Human Resources, 184 Washington Extension, Albany, NY 12203 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive benefit packages include health insurance, dental, and retirement plans. Flexible hours, including some evenings and occasional weekends; option to work remotely when possible.
Founded in 1854, Jewish Family Services enriches the lives of individuals, families and the community by providing compassionate, collaborative human services, guided by Jewish values. All potential employees and volunteers of JFS subject to criminal background check.