JFS is here, caring for our community, making sure that everyone gets the support they need.
During this time of tragedy and uncertainty, once gain, our community looks to JFS for help in dealing with the emotional impact of yet another trauma.
In the past several weeks JFS:
- Partnered with Bethlehem Chabad to host an online forum to help parents talk to the their children about Israel
- Worked with Congregation Agudat Achim to host a a group for tees to empower them to help their friends cope with the emotional fall out of the Israel-Hamas war
- Fielded calls from older adults who are feeling even more isolated and helpless as they watch countless news stories about Israel
We are here to:
- Help people of all ages with individual counseling
- Make sure people get access to public benefits and services through care management
- Give older adults rides to appointments
- Deliver kosher meals to older adults who no longer cook
- Provide spiritual support to Jewish residents in care facilities
- Fosterer independence for older adults to age well in place
- Conduct home safety assessments for older adults
- Recruit volunteers to extend our reach in the community