Job Type: Part-time
Location: Albany, NY, primarily remote
Pay: $20-$25 per hour, depending on experience
Jewish Family Services is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting marketing and development associate. Working remotely, but located in the Capital Region, this position offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a team of human services professionals who provide a range of supportive and essential services throughout the community.
- Develop relevant content for social media (2-3 posts weekly) including messaging and visuals for social media (using Adobe, Canva or similar programs)
- Collaborate with internal staff to create weekly Constant Contact emails for donors, older adults and JFS constituents
- Conduct media research for JFS publicity opportunities including newspapers, synagogue and partner agency newsletters, e-news, websites and social media.
- Update JFS website content weekly
- Attend JFS events and capture photo/video for social media and JFS website
- Coordinate special projects, including fundraising mailings, communique and events
- Report to with Director of Marketing, in coordination with President & CEO, to conceptualize projects and develop monthly strategies.
- Undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in graphic design, marketing, business administration, liberal arts, journalism, public relations, or related.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Capital Region Jewish community a plus
- Understanding of non-profit industry
- Experience with fundraising and development
- Software experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Express or Canva
- Comfortable working in social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Linked In)
- Familiarity with email (Constant Contact, Mail Chimp) and website (WordPress) platforms a plus
- Able to work in a collaborative team relationship
- Able to work flexible hours and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
Since 1854, Jewish Family Services has continuously provided a range of support, services and resources throughout the greater Capital Region for children, adults and families across the lifespan. Services include care management, counseling, support groups, grocery shopping and meal delivery, private transportation, support for aging in place, home modification recommendations, long-term care referrals and resource planning, specialized occupational therapy and chaplaincy services.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter with relevant work sample to: