Being mobile and steady in your home or out in the neighborhood is vital to living a happy, healthy, independent life. Join us “virtually” for a fun and informational workshop on preventing falls:
November 4, 11 and 18 from 10 to 11 a.m.
In this workshop, we will:
• Explore ways to stay safe AND continue to be active and independent
• Share ideas with others about our beliefs, fears, and concerns about falls
• Practice a sequence of exercises to build the strength, balance, and flexibility important to fall prevention
• Judi England, RN, BS, LMT, Kripalu Yoga Instructor – Senior Health Education Coordinator for the NNORC, JFS
• Lynda Shrager,OTR, MSW, CAPS, Program Manager, Senior Resource Network, JFS
• Scott L. Homer, MS, OTR/L, Program Director, Occupational Therapy Assistant Program, Maria College
• Meghan A. DeNitto, BS, COTA/L, CH, Academic Fieldwork Coordinator and Instructor
• Plus, Maria College Occupational Therapy Students
Registration is required. Please contact NNORC to sign up: 518-514-2023 or email@example.com. Once registered, we will email you a packet of supportive reading materials and a few “homework” assignments to complete between sessions. The email will also include a Zoom link to join the group.
The program is free to NNORC residents. Non-residents can attend for a $20 requested donation for all 3 sessions.
There is an exercise component to each session. If you have concerns about any physical challenges you may have, please talk with your health care provider before participating in the exercises. It might also be a good idea to have another person with you if you have concerns about your ability to move safely.